what homebuyers do: compare. Have a real estate
agent with experience in your area compare
your home to others that have recently sold,
are under contract and on the market. Be realistic.
you’ve set the price and started advertising,
monitor feedback from the market to determine
if you’re “on the money” or you need to adjust.
to find out what your home is worth in today's
Not to Price Your Home
• What a refinance or home equity loan appraisal
• What the average price/square foot is in
or anywhere else.
• What the County Assessor’s valuation is.
• What the house up the street sold for a
especially if it’s different than yours.
• What the home up the street is on the market
especially if it hasn’t sold after 6 months.
• What you need in order to buy your next
Christy Ames for a comprehensive market analysis
based on a thorough investigation of your
home. Setting the price requires time, effort
and experience in the marketplace to do it